Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Power of Words to Transform

It's the beginning of 2012, a time for new beginnings, goals, hopes and dreams. Never mind that everything I said last year has long since been forgotten. I have a chance to start something new, (which let's face it) is always more fun than sticking with something that is old, tedious and sometimes boring. Yep, that's always been an issue for me. I'm a grown up kid with ADD and unless I'm totally, 100% committed to it, it's hard for me to stick to anything for any length of time. Therefore, I making one more attempt at being a grown up and following through on something I have started. Thus this blog with a "word for the month". I will change my monthly "word" and express some of my thoughts and meanderings about how this word is influencing and changing me during that month. I figure, that gives me 12 times a year to change my focus while allowing me to maintain a singular blog for an extended period of time. For me, that would be a mini-miracle. Feel free to follow me on this journey or better yet join me. If you want to, choose your own word for the month or write comments on mine. Who knows? I might just end up becoming a grown up yet!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that I have been using this verse for my affirmation this month: A persons words can be life giving water. Prov 18:4. The Word - think of its power. My words - I take for granted. If I "believe" (your word for Jan), then I need to use my words wisely. For encouragement, wisdom . . . For trasformation!

    ReplyDelete